With the start of the year many new things arrive, such as a shiny ring up on your left hand. With the excitement of planning the wedding will also come the searching of your dress. Since it is the start of the new year all of the new styles from the designers (list designers here and hyperlink) will be arriving. Many of them will host trunk shows and sample sales and we are here to let you know what is the difference.
- You are able make a appointment to see the designer’s newest collection.
- There is also a possibility of the designer being in the bridal salon that day!
- While you are there at the salon you will be pampered and given their advice and often times during the trunk show there are incentives and discounts when you purchase the dress.
- Be sure to have a good friend come along with you to offer their advice, but not too many or you will have too many opinions!
- Essentially it is a “what you see is what you get” or a dress “as is” purchase.
- Be prepared for a no return policy on the dress that you purchase.
- You become responsible for all of your own alterations.
- Usually the items are marked down because they are from a previous seasons collections.
- There are some great and amazing priced finds out there, but best that you have done you research as to what designer and the styles that you are looking for.
Be sure to bring proper undergarments to try on with the dress and also bring shoes that you plan on wearing or something very similar. Most important bring someone who’s opinion you like and trust to offer their opinion. Enjoy!